I’ve been pondering both whether to do Michelle Bridges 12WBT and what my next challenge is going to be for quite some time, and I believe I’ve just killed two birds with one stone. I’d best not get too smug though.
I saw on the facebook page this morning that sign ups were open – pre season doesn’t start until 16th of Jan, and the actual challenge doesn’t start until 13th of Feb… not sure how I feel about that.
The reason why I’ve chosen it?
I need a kick up the bum… despite my love of group fitness, I don’t enjoy hard training, I’m not a natural athlete. Me, I live to move! I enjoy the social aspect of group fitness, I enjoy the music, I enjoy moving TO music.
If I want to walk the talk as an instructor, if I want to keep doing this, if I want to keep myself lean LONG-TERM, if I want to be the best role-model I can be for my participants and for other instructors, I need to train purposefully.
Ideally, I would like to achieve –
1. Some better nutritional habits – no more fries for dinner (or at any other time)
2. To feel confident in a pair of size 6 lululemon speed shorts (they fit, just aren’t appropriate to wear in class right now)
3. To feel confident in a gorgeous dress my mum bought in the UK last year – again, it fits, but I don’t feel confident wearing it out.
4. Consistent weight training – 3 x week, a year from now.
5. Start to knock bad habits – one at a time – like drinking too much caffeine!